Sunday, March 30, 2008

I just gotta' mention this one!

A customer comes in, gives me a "stick" drawing of a ring & says "I want an octopus here & a sea turtle there" (he was indicating on the side of the ring where only she would see the characters). So after some research & some heavy thought, I drew up what he wanted, but I went further than that. I thought we should express this idea fully & let it all hang out! When I called them in to take a look at my drawings I first showed him what he originally wanted. "That's exactly what I wanted!" but I said "But wait, I just gotta show you this..." I got "Oh yah, that's totally it!" Sweet! Everybody on my team was real excited about this one because it was so different. I have the most awesome wax carver, caster & jeweler ever! They all did an Excellent job! The ring is made of 18k white gold & really nice diamonds. When we make his ring, it'll be like her wedding ring with the sea weed & diamonds, only wider.

No comments: